This Can't Be That Hard
This Can't Be That Hard
business help for busy photographers
Tintype by Riley MacLean Photography

Tintype by Riley MacLean Photography

 

i'm annemie tonken, and I want to help you

…because honestly, the odds aren’t exactly stacked in your favor:

Current statistics show that 60% of photographers close their businesses within the first year, and that of the remaining 40%, more than half fail in the 2nd year.

Yikes.

I’ve been beating those odds since I left my “real job” in 2010, and I fully believe that I owe my longevity in this competitive, constantly evolving niche to the fact that I’ve given equal attention and focus to my craft and my business. Along the way, I’ve seen too many highly talented people leave the industry… not because their photos weren’t good enough, but because they struggled to leverage their talent in a sustainable, manageable way. My goal is to help photographers save time and money and avoid some sneaky business pitfalls by sharing the lessons, systems, and strategies that have helped me achieve sustainable profitability in a business I love.

Running a successful photography business isn’t rocket science, but it does require a well thought-out strategy and a solid set of business tools. The good news is that you don’t have to figure it all out on your own.

This Can’t Be That Hard… right? Right! At least, it doesn’t have to be.

 

 

free resources

 
 
Copy of how much should you be charging_ (2).png

understand your numbers

Do you ever wonder whether you’re charging enough for your sessions? Do you feel confident in your pricing? This calculator I built will take all the guesswork (and the math) out of figuring out what you need to charge in your photography business in order to be profitable… just plug in the info specific to your business (desired salary, expenses, etc.) and receive a personalized set of numbers that you can use to guide your pricing and your goals for the year!

Mini Mastermind.png

make your numbers work

So you’ve run your numbers and you know how much you need to be making but you have no idea how to actually meet those goals and bring in what your business needs to be sustainable? For a very limited time, I am offering free one on one mentoring to talk about your particular situation when it comes to pricing. We’ll review your numbers, your business model, and your pricing, then brainstorm actionable solutions to make your numbers work for you.

SSS.png

streamline your sales

Gallery sales are notorious for low sales averages but in-person sales are a ton of work (and not everyone’s cup of tea). A la carte pricing makes it hard to predict your income, collections never seem to suit anyone as written, and all-inclusive pricing can result in sticker shock, even while it leaves money on the table. After trying every last one of these (and finding all of them seriously lacking in one way or another), I have a solution that has improved my bottom line and made my life MUCH easier.