i'm annemie tonken, and I want to help you

…because honestly, the odds aren’t exactly stacked in your favor:

Current statistics show that 60% of photographers close their businesses within the first year, and that of the remaining 40%, more than half fail in the 2nd year. Yikes.

I’ve been beating those odds since I left my “real job” in 2010, and I owe my longevity in this competitive, constantly evolving business to establishing good work habits and reliable business systems. I’ve seen too many highly talented people leave the industry… not because their photos weren’t good enough, but because they didn’t have a clear path forward in their business.

Running a successful photography business isn’t rocket science, but it does require a well thought-out strategy and a solid set of business tools to be sustainable. The good news is that you don’t have to figure it all out on your own.

This Can’t Be That Hard… right? Right! At least, it doesn’t have to be.

I coach new & experienced photographers who want businesses that will feed their souls & their families.


There’s no one-size-fits-all approach that works for any business, much less a business selling something as personal as art. My clients are in full control of the kinds of work they want to do, how they choose to structure their business, and how much they charge… I just help them figure out how to make it all work.

See All Services »


Systems are the most reliable way to achieve reliable results, so I’ve created a system that allows us to figure out exactly what your dream business looks like, and then determine the steps you need to follow in order to build it. Most of my clients have demanding schedules, and this system saves them countless hours.

Our Fiduciary Statement »


I coach because I care. I love being able to provide for my family while creating meaningful art for my clients, and I want you to be able to do the same. I am committed to helping you establish a clear path to success in both of those goals, and firmly believe that if you are likewise committed to doing the work, you will achieve them.

Read Our Blog »


Our Practice

Description text. Proin gravida ex id consectetur lobortis. Aliquam ornare, velit vel faucibus dapibus, augue justo ullamcorper turpis.

20130731_Trade 100_0202.jpg

A Top 10 Service

Here is a description of what makes your company unique. Pellentesque habitant ulcit mori netus et malesuada netus et malesuada.